Hey all you cool cats and kittens, I’m Zoey!
I’m a wedding, elopement, and destination wedding photographer serving the midwest + beyond.
Disclaimer: I am NOT good at writing about myself and probably should have paid somebody more eloquent to write this better but oh well! Here we go!!
I’m 24 years old and currently located in North Liberty, IA (which is a suburb of Iowa City!) I live with my fiance, Casey, who’s that cutie patootie in the photo with me, and my two baby kitties Mia and Winnie. I started this lil photography business of mine back in early 2018, and it has been such a dream. I could seriously not ask for a better way to spend my time, I’m OBSESSED with documenting important moments in people’s lives!!
I feel so incredibly lucky that my favorite pastime and hobby turned into this amazing career that I would honestly do for free.
(but ya girl’s got to pay her bills unfortunately)
It’s so much fun meeting new people, hearing their stories, and getting to share in the magic that is their love for each other. I am a big believer that hiring someone to document your wedding, elopement, engagement, etc. should be more than a business transaction. I want to take the time to get to know you, your family, meet your fur babies, etc. and build a real relationship that lasts for years to come.
Each and every person that chooses me as their photographer is so so so special to me, I feel so blessed every time I get that email or phone call like, “Alright – let’s do this thing! How do we book you?” I strive so hard to make every experience with the Zoey Marie Photography brand to be as unique, fun, and stress-free as possible. Sessions/Weddings with me are jam packed with corny jokes, third wheeling galore, yelling “YAAS GIRL WORK IT” (in a super non-annoying way, I promise!!!)
I could honestly go on forever about how much I love my clients and my job. If you’re looking for someone to capture your most authentic you, and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it, I’m your girl. I love to give prompts to my couples to encourage really natural looking poses, BUT I’ve also got hundreds of actual poses up my sleeve to position you in and make you look bomb AF. It’s so important to me that you’re comfortable in front of the lens, and that is my top priority when shooting together. I know how intimidating it is to have your photo taken sometimes, but I promise it’s going to be okay. I’ve got you!!
Anyways, if you took the time to read all of this, thank you, and I love you already! I know it can be daunting navigating all of the people you need to book for your wedding, and especially trying to decide on a photographer when there’s so many talented people out there. I’m also currently planning my own wedding so I know the feeling! It is so overwhelming!! Just know that I’m here for you 100% rain or shine, day or night. I’m your biggest fan/hype girl, and your proudest third wheel. My goal is to walk away from every wedding/elopement/session as not just “client” and “photographer”, but as friends.
To finish things off, here’s a few random little tidbits about me!
– I am a HUGE Disney fan and I worked at Disney World back in 2016!
– I’m a certified scuba diver
– I loooooove being outdoors and hiking (especially when I get to take photos while doing it ;))
– My fiance and I met while we were both insurance agents at GEICO. So romantic.
– I’m addicted to Animal Crossing
– I got my first DSLR camera when I was 12 years old and used it primarily for selfies…… but hey look what that turned into!!
– I’ve been to 39 of the 50 states and three different countries, I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to increase those numbers (so pls hmu and let’s go on an adventure)
– I’m really guilty of using a bazillion exclamation points after every sentence I type and then worry I sound crazy so pls just keep that in mind when you email/text me!!!!!!
– I’m obsessed with anything Studio Ghibli too so any Disney/Ghibli fans we are gonna get along GREAT.
I can’t wait to make some magic with you, let’s do this thing.